(ET) better lift/no tapping of the pack

All this recent talk of ways to not tap the pack (dc/dc convertors, replacing the lift with linear activators, etc.) reminded me as I was ET-ing this evening:

A couple years ago when ordering some parts from Bill Gunn, he was in a chatty mood and told me that he had worked out the design for a Bigger Better Lift that would run from the full 36 volts. It sounded like he had maybe begun toying with a prototype but never got much further.

The last few times I've called it's been all business (maybe because I tend to know what I'm looking for now?) but if someone gets him on a quiet day and are seriously interested, might be worth inquiring.

Since this is Bill's livelihood, he can't spend his time talking and making one-off units.

To make it worth his while, I'd guess we'd need to round up a group of beta testers, willing to pay cash up front for him to set up a small run. If it worked well for the season, then it could become a regular stock item.

Maybe?

_________
Jim Coate
1992 Chevy S10