RE: (ET) DC to DC (36v bulb source)

I picked up the 36 volt head lamps bulbs from a lift truck dealer.

Here are some old emails on the topic
EMAIL 1 <<<<<<<<===========
> Hello Jeremy,
>   Sorry for taking so long to reply but, it took me a while to find
> where I last put some that I bought. I came across some 36v bulbs with
> the two contacts on the bottom of the bulb that fits the ET head light
> socket. The box they came in is from Hyster, Unisource(TM). I guess
> they made 36v forklifts? Is anyone one on the list familiar with
> Hyster or if they made an 36v electric forklift? The part number is
"Taiwan" and the code "SP5".
>   I bought these at an old Surplus store a couple of years ago,
> located out in the very small town of LaVale, MD. I went back to the
> store on Friday to find more bulbs and look for other interesting
> stuff that I really don't have the room for. When I got to what "used
> to be" the dimly lit back part of the store, I fell to my knees... all
> the old surplus goodies are no longer there! I almost started to cry.
> The store manager said it was just too costly to keep stuff like this
> around because it does not sell much. The same space he said is now
> being used to shelf more commonly sold goods that have a higher turn
> over rate that generates more revenue for them. I had bought several old
electric motors and many neat old used electrical gadgets and parts from
them over the years. Now it has all been replace with the same hardware and
products that can be bought at just about any hardware store. I really
loved
those old types of stores.
>     Next step would be to find a Hyster dealer and call them and see
> if these bulbs are still available. Has anyone found a 36v replacement
> for
the dash light?
>       Eric Miller

EMAIL 2 <<<<<<<<===========
Hello group,
  I purchased some 36v dash bulbs from Radio Shack. Part number:
RSU-11385994.  They were 79 cents apiece. I bought four to make it worth
the
shipping costs. They do not carry this bulb in stock so you will need to
order it at the store or call 1800-442-7221 and order them over the phone.
    Eric Miller

EMAIL 3 <<<<<<<<===========
Another slightly different approach.  If you move the battery tap from B6+
to B2+ you change the lighting voltage from 12v to 36v.  Then from the
schematic the headlights and dash light are all currently in parallel.  So,
you can use the 36v bulbs for the headlights and put a resistor in series
[R(s)] with the dashlight bulb to keep it at 12v.  To do that, just measure
the dash light's resistance [R(dl)] - then:

I(dl) = 12 / R(dl)

R(s) = 24 / I(dl)

- - joe

Hi all

I have been playing with this idea also.

I found http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/merchant.cfm?pid=1334&step=4
A driving light style from GE in 36 volt DC.

And numerous flashlight bulbs in 36 volt.

Pete