RE: (ET) Need a lot of detalied how info

Hi Tom, and every one.

I am finally getting back to you on my problem.  First Tom thanks for
the detailed info.  I found that one of the larger resistor blocks had
unsoldered its self.  The little board it is on is scorched black  below
it the unsoldered resistor, and what appears to be a large black
capacitor.  I resolidered the resistor and now all forward speeds work
ok, but reveres no longer works.  When I select reverse the usage meter
goes to yellow in the first gear, and red in the second speed, but the
motor does not turn.

By the way when I check the voltage as you suggested between line 6 and
11 with the VOM black wire on line 11 and the speed select in neutral it
reads 36 volts, then as I select  between 1 and 3 in forward  the
voltage drops to zero, and then as I select  speed 4 through 6 the
voltage drops to -36 volts  Is this correct???

What do I need to check for the reverse problem??

Your speed problem in the upper ranges sounds like you are losing field
voltage once you get beyond the 3rd speed range. Hook your DC voltmeter
up between wire #6 and wire#11. You should have approx. 36 volts on the
meter thru the first 3 speed ranges. Once you reach the 4th speed, that
voltage should start to drop slightly and continue to drop as you
advance the speed control. If it drops to zero, you probably have an
open resistor in resistor card #3. It's a little board with 4 wire wound
20 ohm 10 watt resistors mounted on it.I can send you a new one of those
to try also if it looks like that is the problem.

Good Luck,

Tom Kuffa
Carlisle, Pa.