Re: (ET) ET No Go

IMHO you're right, BUT the power and speed of the 20. 185. and I-5 are a
joy to
behold. I am used to fast shuttling on large machines and the foot
throttle ET
models are way ahead in that department. So far the problems are generally
simple like board connector plugs. That is what is currently wrong with my
I-5
(I just found out today after a little poking around) The solution is the
same
as I performed on my 20. Pictured here:

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/fiskfarm/ET.Repair.Pictures.html

Sorry Steve,
I must have missed the part about the red hot resistors. That so, forget
about
the brushes un less there is a short in the armature.  "Red hot" sounds a
bit
too hot, but without rotation perhaps not. Like everyone else has said
previously, test for field power.

Jim