Re: (ET) ET No Go

On 6 Feb 2002 at 21:17, SWS wrote:

> - Are the 10 and 49 wires the field connections?

I don't know about the numbers (don't have my manual handy), but the
smaller-diameter wires going to the motor are the field connections.  The
larger ones are the armature connections.

The symptoms you describe could be caused by an open connection in the
field circuit.  This could be the reversing relay, dirty connections, or
even an open field in the motor (unlikely).

They could also be caused by a mechanical problem such as locked brakes
or a seriously munged transaxle.

I recommend obtaining the Homeowner's Service Manual from Bill Gunn.  It
has excellent troubleshooting flowcharts.  You'll also need a multimeter
(analog or digital).  You can get a suitable one for $40 or so at Radio
Shack.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this to all
thou knowest."  Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I smite thee.