Re: (ET) Tractor size

Hi Lee,

1) I have used a product called Breakaway (by Cyclo) (auto parts stores)
on the throttle slides, both foot and hand units with much success. It
also helps to keep the mice out of the control panel. I take off the
cover on the foot unit and spray it all thru the mech. Breakaway
dissolves the old dead grease and leaves a nice residual lube that works
for a good year between applications and it is safe for contacts and
electricals in general. I strongly suggest you do not use WD-40 as I
have had very bad luck with it and it tends to dry out the lube surfaces
very quickly, leaving you worse off than before. I'm sure there are
other good ones out there but I have never found one that beats Break
Away and I have been doing this stuff for 45 years and no I do not have
any vested interest in Cyclo.

2) I have a dozen ETs ranging from the E-20 and I-5, thru the 15s and
down to an E12m. All use the same chassis although the E12m has the
front axle moved forward to make room for the mid mount mower, blade,
etc.. All the wheels, etc, are interchangeable on mine and account for
different track widths, not the frames, as the tires/wheels come in
quite varying widths.

3) In Netscape you just check "Reply to all" and delete those you don't
want to send to. Internet Exp. you're on your own.

4) ???????? My favorite E-20 was running great one moment and suddenly
draws massive current just to move a few feet and makes terrible
groaning sounds just doing that much. I haven't had time to tear into it
but I am open to suggestions to get me started in the right direction. I
had the motor apart a year ago and it was like new, brushes and all.
Tranny is fine. I miss it! ( only have 2 running at the moment, having
sold a nice WH 45 last summer in an effort to thin the pack)

Happy New Year!
jim