(ET) EV promotional trip

This isn't quite about electric tractors, but it
might be relevant to a few of you...

I'm participating a promotional coast-to-coast
trip--dubbed EV Odyssey2--which will include two
GM EV1's driving from California, through Montreal,
and ending at New York. You can check the website:
www.evodyssey.com
for a details from last year's trip--and some info
for this year's trip is also being loaded.

Both trips (last year and this year) were entirely
driver-initiated, driver-supported, driver-organized,
driver-funded efforts.

While last year's trip was coordinated to generate
substantial and positive prime-time media coverage
the Dallas and Atlanta regions, this years trip will
probably be more low key. Another difference is that
this year, we're taking the new EV1's with Nickel
Metal Hydride battery packs instead of the early PbA
batteries in the original EV1s---more than doubling
the range-per-charge, and increasing daily range by
about 50%. The second car in the trip will cover the
3000 mile California-to-Montreal drive in about 7 days!

Check the web site as the trip progesses!

We already lined up the [charging] stops from Calif
through Nebraska, but are still working on the stops
for Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Ontario, Quebec, and
New York. We need charging stops that are close to
the primary highways and have convenient access to
a 30 or 50 amp 240 volt receptacle (such as used by
RVs, electric dryers, welders...). The basic route
is Omaha-->Chicago-->Detroit-->Montreal-->New York city.
If you would be interested in helping out with this
exciting trip, let me know!

William Korthof
wkorthof earthlink net
also: (714) 875-3576