(ET) tires and tubes...

Well I neglected to check the tires before driving my E12 out of the
garage today.
Consequently I suceeded in pushing the tubeless tire right off the rim
that is broke
the seal.  So I'm thinking the best (read easiest) solution might be to
simply throw a
tube in it rather than wrassling with trying to get the bead to reseal.
The tire
sidewall reads something like 4.8/4.00 - 8.   The 8 is the diameter I take
it but what
are the 4.8 and 4.00??   I don't have an air compressor available so
that's why I'm
thinking tubes.  Any comments/suggestion??

thanks,
    dave