(ET) Harry's suggestion of using DC to power 115VAC devices

To Harry and the "List",
        One potential danger of using DC to power tools sold for 115VAC
use that
have universal motors is that most have AC rated power switches.  An AC
rated switch will fail prematurely when used on DC, sometimes by welding
closed (on).  The problem is that AC switches depend on the current
dropping to zero 120 times a second.  At that zero current any arcing
stops.  The same switch on DC has to break the current at full current
because (sorry for being obvious) the current never drops to zero with DC.
A DC rated switch generally has larger contacts.
        I am not saying you should not use these tools on DC, but rather be
careful unless you know the device was designed for both AC and DC use.  If
an AC switch when used with DC fails there is a high likelyhood of failing
welded in the on position.

Steve Naugler
snaugler earthlink net

Then I
> took a 48v to 15v 150 watt (10 amps) converter and wired the input in
> parallel with the other inputs, and put the output in series with the
other
> outputs. So now I have 10 amps or more of 63 volt power. Now I put this
> output in series with the battery pack. Now I have 10 amps or more(1000w)
of