From: Gregory Russell <gfr10598 gmail com>
edu>
Sent: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 09:48:11 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Ventilation

I recently installed an exhaust fan in my house.  I'm wondering if we
should consider installing a permanent fan in the belfry to pull air up
from the ringing room, with baffles to minimize bell sound coming through.

Should I work on designing such?

https://www.thelocal.ch/20200715/only-those-with-plastic-visors-were-infected-swiss-government-warns-against-face-shields

> Ricky
>
> > On Jul 23, 2020, at 10:32 AM, Richard Morse via
Boston-change-ringers <
> boston-change-ringers cosmos phy tufts edu> wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I’ve just spent a bit looking through my RSS feeds at both
home and
> work, and also doing some googling. Whatever I saw, it didn’t come
through
> RSS, which means it was probably through Twitter, so that’s not
trustworthy
> (not that RSS is more inherently trustworthy, but it’s easier for me
> find it and evaluate the source).
> >
> > So I also searched online (both DDG and Google). Apparently
right now
> the answer is that there is no consensus about whether face shields
can
> replace face masks. I’ve found a bunch of different news sites (not
wildly
> partisan ones, but ones that at least pretend they are interested in
the
> truth) basically saying that there is not enough evidence.
> >
> > The CDC’s guidance is:
> >
> >> It is not known if face shields provide any benefit as
source control
> to protect others from the spray of respiratory particles. CDC does
not
> recommend use of face shields for normal everyday activities or as a
> substitute for cloth face coverings. Some people may choose to use a
face
> shield when sustained close contact with other people is expected. If
face
> shields are used without a mask, they should wrap around the sides of
the
> wearer’s face and extend to below the chin. Disposable face shields
should
> only be worn for a single use. Reusable face shields should be
cleaned and
> disinfected after each use.
> >
> > So who knows…
> >
> > Ricky
> >

> >> On Jul 23, 2020, at 8:25 AM, Richard Morse via
Boston-change-ringers <
> boston-change-ringers cosmos phy tufts edu> wrote:
> >>
> >> I just saw yesterday or the day before some article saying
that face
> shields by themselves are not effective; you need the masks as well…

<gfr10598 gmail com>

different levels of
> risk

suspended off the

> [...]