New Year's Eve

     Our longstanding custom has been to ring the old year out and the new year in at the Church of the Advent, and then have a convivial time in the library afterwards, finishing up in plenty of time to get the T home.    In practice, this means meeting at the Brimmer Street entry at about 11:30 PM, ringing the bells up at about 11:45, tolling at midnight, ringing a little more, including firing, and then taking them down before it starts to bother the neighbors.  The church has given approval for the usual event.  Please let me know if you will be there.  Feel free to bring friends and family along, and think of something consumable to share, although Arthur and I will bring extra, so don't worry about it if you don't bring anything.

Laura Dickerson