New Year's Eve

   During the daytime, it will be like any other Sunday, with service ringing at both towers.

Our traditional midnight ringing plan is:

11:15 PM or so   Start to gather at the Brimmer Street entrance

11:30 general ringing

toll midnight, then firing, rounds, lower the bells

12:15 consume festive things in the library

Leave in time to get home on the T

The subway lines run until 2 AM.  All lines are free after 8 PM.  Despite being a Sunday, most services will be on a Saturday schedule, with the commuter rail on a weekday schedule.  https://mbta.com/news/1538?from=search

The 7 PM fireworks over the common are always nice.

We encourage you to bring non-ringing family and friends (and party stuff).

Please sign up on the spreadsheet, separately for service ringing and midnight ringing.

Laura Dickerson