Brewster/Kent Area Meeting: Saturday, April 16th

Hello, and Happy Spring! I choose to ignore the snowflakes falling from the sky today, and instead focus on our upcoming Spring Area Meeting.

We're going to try a slightly different schedule for this ringing day. We will begin by ringing at Kent at noon on 4/16, and spend about two hours there. Then, we'll travel to Brewster and ring at Melrose from around 3:30pm to 5:30pm. We won't be organizing any meals, but please let me know if you'd be interested in joining a group going to dinner together at a restaurant after ringing at Melrose. (Location TBD depending on interest.)

I discussed this schedule with many ringers at our Anniversary Weekend in January, and many seemed to think it was worth trying this. It will allow a little more time for ringers from the Boston area to get here, and it will allow ringers from NYC and points south to be closer to home at the end of the day. I look forward to getting your feedback as to whether we should follow this schedule in the future.

To recap:

Saturday, April 16
Noon-2pm: ringing at Kent, CT
3:30pm-5:30pm: ringing at Brewster, NY

Please let me know if you are interested in joining us for all, or part of, the day. Thank you, and we hope to see you soon!

- Matt Bogen
  Tower Captain, Melrose Tower, Brewster NY