-----Original Message-----
From: nonsexist-parenting-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:nonsexist-parenting-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of
Ken Olum
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 4:28 PM
To: nonsexist-parenting cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: "Do you know what you're going to get?"

I think a lot of the problem is the apparently widely held belief that
the most important thing about a person is their sex.  Perhaps the
strongest example of this phenomenon is that when you're pregnant
people ask you "Do you know what you're going to get?"  You are
supposed to say something about sexes, but I always said something
like "healthy babies, I hope".  In retrospect, perhaps the best answer
would be "Yes, people".

                        Ken