All pink

A friend of ours with two girls, 4 and 6, was visiting last weekend.
The girls were dressed in identical pink dresses.  But the mother says
it's their choice.  She tries to get them to dress in other colors,
but she knows that as long as there's something pink that's clean
that's what they'll have on for school/daycare.  Otherwise there's a
fight!  The mother is more feminine in dress than I am, but she says
her girls are much more so than she is.

We'll see what happens when our kids go to preschool, I guess!
They're too young to express much opinion on dress, tho sometimes when
Jocelyn's fussing about clothes I offer her a choice.  But mostly she
picks one thing, then when I start to put it on her, fusses again and
points to a different one of the choices.  This goes back and forth
for a while until I give up and say "last choice" and cram her into
the clothes fussing.  Sometime I wonder why I bother.  But probably it
really is the right thing.

   Judy Anderson yclept yduJ                'yduJ' rhymes with 'fudge'
   yduJ cs stanford edu      http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~yduj
   Jocelyn & Perry 7/21/02  http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/~kdo/children/