[apmultiples] Re: gender issues

chiming in late on this one, but what an interesting discussion to
read through!  Anyway, my two are b/g, 3 yrs. old, and they still
pretty much share all of their clothes.  For the 8 mos. or so, they
have wanted to usually pick out what they will wear, which is fine
with me (and often means they're "nakedy" as dd puts it)  Both of them
love to wear tights and leggings.  Both of them love to have hairbands
and barrettes.  Zeke has been known to wear a dress, but doesn't often
choose them.  His strong preference (regardless of what the item is)
is that is be "cozy and comfy"  Other than that, he couldn't care
less.  Maddie is currently in the throes of having learned to dress
herself, and is experimenting wildly with putting together all kinds
of outfits (think tights, kneesocks and shorts to "hide" the tights,
dressup shoes, a tee shirt, fleece sweatshirt, headband, hat, scarf,
necklace, and several bags to carry/tote/drag)!

When they were little (and still now), they wore exclusively comfy
clothes (okay, except for one holiday picture, when I confess I
dressed them up in clothes great grandma sent).  Zeke was often
dressed in pink, and Maddie in dinosaurs.  Now, they both love all
colors, but Z's favorite is red and M's is blue.

As far as toy and activity choices, they both play with
everything...toy kitchen, animals, books, sewing, legos, trains, cars,
dollhouse.  Sometimes I do start to think, "Wow, she is really doing
girl things, and he is really doing boy things" but then the next day
they'll switch all around and surprise me.

Wonder what the next ones will be like?
Jenny S.

"There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." -
Alexander Woollcott, American Author

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: