Re: [apmultiples] another rant from Valerie

My case is the opposite. My girls have very little hair (they look like
little Buddhist nuns :)) so people automatically assume they're boys. I
had one woman almost argue with me about their sex because they're
nearly bald. I didn't want to get into it with her so I just walked
away. But the strangest comment I've gotten is when a shop clerk asked
me whether they were boys or girls, I said girls, and she said "Of
course, I should have known by the long eye lashes." Huh?

Nancy Whittier wrote:

> OK, I'm just sifting through my packed in-box and had to comment on the
> hair issue!  Eva has a TON of hair - we've cut her bangs 5 times now -
> it's the hair of a 3-year-old.  Isaac is virtually bald.  We have had so
> many people assume that she has hair BECAUSE she is a girl - like
> there's a sex-linked gene for long hair in babies....
>
> Nancy

"There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." -
Alexander Woollcott, American Author

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: