(ET) exhibitor at a Farm Festival

I have a fun story to tell. I was an exhibitor at the Centerburg Farm
Festival this year. Took two fully restored E-20 tractors, one had the
dozer  blade on and the other had front deck and rear tiller. Probably
about 200 farm tractors and garden tractors on display. Many, many people
commented “I have never seen such a thing!”
I laid awake in bed Sat night debating whether to enter the Garden Tractor
pull on Sunday. Pro- probably never have another chance, and nobody would
have “ever seen such a thing”. Con- have a breakdown and be embarrassed.
Well i did and it couldn’t have gone any better! First, the organizers
couldn’t figure out what “class” to put me in and eventually they put me
in my own class, Exhibition. After about an hour of these souped up, super
loud, tires spinning, dirt flying, expensive, custom garden tractors
completed their competition then it was my turn. They were pulling between
130-140,’ a couple made mid 140’s.
I had put my weight box on the rear, and had the chains on. I didn’t have
to weigh in beforehand but i was curious, 1330#’s!
I had debated between LL gear or L and since you can’t stop (to change
gears) or you’re done. I chose LL and got hitched up and
started-absolutely quiet, no tire spin, and after 4minutes (an eternity in
the pulling world) I got to 141.88’! I got some applause (also a rarity),
uncoupled, and zipped off in D2. So now the E-20 and the ELECTRAK brand is
part of the history of the Farm Festival!
Mike

Sent from my iPhone