Re: (ET) Odd, E20 motor is having problems.

Well, I pulled the motor, the E20 motor is much heavier than the E15 and took a look at what's going on.

First, maybe I should pull out the field windings as well to check and see if the short is there. Maybe it's on the surface wiring, anyone know enough to check?

Second, I unscrewed the end screws (thank you past me for putting anti-seize on all threads), and tapped the end off with a hammer. Sure enough, one brush is fine, the other is worn down to the nubbins. So for some reason it ate one brush since I rebuilt it in 2020. I don't use it *that* much, maybe it was a bad brush or something.

Oh well, time to order a new set and go from there.