(ET) Update on chute direction control cable

I bought 3/32" aircraft cable. It was a struggle to wind it and keep it on the tube for installation. Based on this experience, I would go with the 1/16" if I was to go again. I did see the coated 1/16" at Home Depot and I was torn, but went with the heavier cable in hopes it would last longer and the working strength was a lot higher.

The chute moves freely now, with nice control. Thanks for the advice provided, and George Beckett's website with the manuals.

From the 1 step forward, 2 steps back department:

When I moved the tractor back outside, I found a small oil puddle - almost surely transmission fluid. Could be the drain plug is loosening with time. Didn't have time to lift and check before having to give up the indoor space for the next project.

Then, once outside, I plugged the snow thrower back into the ePTO receptacle, and powered up unit. Auger doesn't turn under power, and power meter suggests a short. I'll have to do more diagnostics on that when time permits. The auger turns freely by hand, possibly too freely. It may be the chain has broken and jammed up in such a way as to lock the motor sprocket to stop the motor turning. Again, need to get 2 other projects done and out before the tractor can go back in to a civilized working space. Ironically, project number 10 or so is refitting another snow thrower which is much prettier than the one on the tractor.

For now, the E12 with plow blade will have to deal with any more significant early snows. Which is fine, there are years it is all I had.

All best,

Darryl

--
Darryl McMahon
Freelance Project Manager (sustainable systems)

Do not mistake patience for weakness, nor action for strategy.