Re: (ET) Selling my ETs

When Chris mentioned "double sided tape" it reminded me of a customer that
was highly placed in the 3-M company sales world that once mentioned to me
that they were starting to market a civilian version of the "aero space"
app DS tape that they developed for the space shuttle and large airliners.
Gave me an engineering sample once and it was quite thin and "resiliant"
or high "durometer" ? I applied it to a sheet of .032" aluminum and stuck
it to a 1" .063 wall aluminum tube pressed them together and let it cure
for a couple days. When I tried to pull the sheet off the aluminum tube
the sheet simply ripped at the tape edge. It was quite impressive. And as
I recall so was the price. I wonder if that wouldn't be suitable for
setting magnets in motors? I have always just used a thin film of the
hi-strength JB weld and it worked fine but always seemed a little
"redneck" LOL. BTW David, sorry to hear you are heading to Sunnyvale Acres
without your E-Tracs, wish you had a loader attachment I could buy from
you... Anyway, save me a spot next door willya? I will be headed that way
soon myself. Dach.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" - Theodore Roosevelt
“We reached the old wolf in time to watch a fierce green fire dying in her
eyes .... I was young then, and full of trigger-itch; I thought that
because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters’
paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the
wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view.” - Aldo Leopold

    On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 03:41:38 PM MST, David Roden <etpost
drmm net> wrote:

 On 27 Sep 2022 at 8:15, Chris Zach via Elec-trak wrote:

> Oh NO! You just know this day will come when people start to retire,
> and go away, and all that. Still you've been with this group from when
> I joined and I do hope you stay around even after letting things go.

Yeah, I guess I go back a bit.  It appears that I signed up for this list
in December of 1998.

I think that I got my E15 in 1997, though it might have been '98.  The
Avco
R36 joined it in the autumn of 2001.

But I'm a relative newcomer to ETs.  Probably at least some folks here
bought their ETs back when they were still being manufactured.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Note: mail sent to the "etpost" address will not reach me.  To send