Re: (ET) E12M won't go + ghost voltage?

I can't help with the troubleshooting as I've had an electronic controller
in my E15 for many years, and have forgotten all the details of the
toaster
controller.

However, I recommend finding a good old analog meter for measuring
voltage.
DMMs are high impedance - IMO too high for this kind of work - and will
tell you things that you shouldn't believe.

Or you might put a resistor across the leads of your DMM while
troubleshooting at 36 volts.  Off the top of my head, maybe something in
the range of 10k 1/4 Watt would work.  The real EEs here might have more
suggestions.  I'm just an electronics hacker (in the older non-criminal
sense).

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA