(ET) GE controller

My ET is 26AE12CA, bought in ’99.   The wiring is oem, no Rube Goldberging
here.  Years back I changed the drive motor to one from an E20 with minor
modification to the motor field.  In 2017 I upgraded to a Curtis 1204m
operating system.
Works great.

Oem E20 ’s and I think, E15’s,  have a separate fwd/rev switch…same for
the Curtis.  Settin on my bench for three years is a GE 262FS1 controller.
 Jerry Rhodes (may he rest in peace) used this controller when he built
METI tractors; I bought it from him.
Because GE does not require a fwd/rev switch, I’d like to use it in my
tractor.  Jerry provided instruction but I could not make the GE work.  I
can follow instruction but don’t have the electronics chops to figure out
why the GE don’t work.

When upgrading to Curtis I did not cut out wiring that was no longer
needed, just folded them back.  Anyone have GE instruction that I can
compare to what I have now…must have missed a step.

Thanks,  Cheers
Jack