(ET) Tiller just chews the ground!

Rolled over the tiller and started to hook it up to the tractor. First problem was the lift, didn't work. Looked at the plugs I had going to the pack (through a 30a fuse) and they were a mess from years of non-use and sitting in the pack where the NiCD batteries were. Cleaned them up with a file and electronics cleaner, and lift worked in both directions.

Tiller is *heavy*. Then found as I was lifting it that I had forgotten to put on the two cotter pins on the driver's side of the lift bar. I took them off when I replaced the brakes and forgot to put them back on. Oops.

Drove it out and started tilling. Works *really* well even with a lose-ish belt (the tension is fine, tension is fine). Chewed up the clay and dirt with the first pass, then dumped a load of year old elec-track blower minced leaves/compost, and did it again. Having working brakes really helps the tractor keep from skipping forward, and going back and forth really mixes the soil.

All done, I'll probably leave the tiller on the tractor for a week or two while I get some other things done in the yard. Then put down mulch, plants, and off we go!