(ET) Will this tractor never cease to amaze?

In a disaster situation, the Elec-trak is just amazing: you can power it with solar panels and fix your tools with it.

Today I was working in the garden and as I was shoveling small holes I heard a crack and my garden shovel broke. Annoying, and since there is a 1+ hour line to get into Home Despot I figured I would fix it myself.

Out came the welder, plugged it in, selected the lowest setting, popped my helmet on, and struck an arc. Pretty simple repair, the key to welding with the Elec-trak seems to be get an arc struck, wait a second to get a puddle, then go back and forth over the broken part with the puddle, moving out a bit each time. Result is a shovel that will probably never break there again.

Good to have all of these little tools. Mower, vacuum, tiller, welder, this thing does it all!