Re: (ET) Running but still odd things, tiny screw head on the thermal breaker, left or right?

Continuing the troubleshooting I took a look at the deck wiring by removing the wire cover plates. All looked good so I started taking off the motor wires to isolate the problem.

Sure enough with the center motor disconnected (the oldest one) the ground fault disappeared. So it's in the motor. I took this one apart to check and lubricate the bearings and clean out all the accumulated dust and junk, so it's not that.

Either it's a short in the armature or in the brush housing. I don't think it is the armature, as a winding short would only ground fault in certain rotation points and this is faulting everywhere. So I'll pull off the cap tomorrow and have a look at the two posts. One of them might have a damaged insulator sleeve....

That and fixing the wire on the main motor with a new lug should fix all the problems until I can get around to dropping and pulling the drive motor. Maybe in the fall because I need it now for mowing.