Re: (ET) In Search Of...Again

On 21 May 2019 at 8:47, david atpoint618 com wrote:

> I'd also
> consider the small riders like the G.E. ER8-36 or New Idea R36.

I have the New Idea R36.  It's easy to maneuver around stuff. I found that
liked mowing with it so well that I never bothered to put the mower back
on
the E15.

It does have a few downsides.  The major one is that it has only 2 deck
motors, so it leaves an unmowed strip in the middle of each pass.  Of less
concern is that those small wheels get stuck easily, and that the clutch
is
grabby.  A minor one is that the deck is harder to clean after mowing than
the flip-up deck for the E16.

But I still like the R36 a lot, and prefer it to the E15 for mowing.  I
use
the 15 for snow moving in the winter, and for hauling stuff around in the
summer.

If you needed more mowing time, you might be able to fit a good-sized 36v
nominal lithium battery (maybe LiFePO4) in the back.

Also, adding a real solid state speed controller would make it more
civilized, IMO.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA