Re: (ET) ugh - bent / broke flange of blade hub

 Speaking from experience after removing scores if not hundreds of these
clutch bodies. The key is to thread a grade 8 bolt in UNTIL THE THREADS
BOTTOM OUT but the head of the bolt must not, may not, be down against the
clutch body. I don't recall ever having messed up threads when doing it
this way. Now, if you thread the bolt into only part of the threads, that
is asking for trouble.
 Harold Zimmerman

On May 29, 2016 at 9:54pm -0400, you wrote:

>                   The recommendation on trying NOT to use the bolt is
>from an abundance of caution. I had noticed some bolts not feeling quite
>right upon reassembly. I suspected distortion of the shaft thread being
>the culprit since the shaft is easily marked with a file.  The
>shafts///soft/ . The bolts used were Grade 6 or higher.
>
>                     So a suitable drift, or a cut down engine pushrod
>of the proper diameter could be used. Again, after decades of corrosive
>activity, those can be NASTY tight. Protect yourself.Things that should
>not break or slip, sometimes DO. :(

Sent without a computer from my MailBug email machine.
landel.com, 1-855-MAILBUG, getmailbuginfo landel com