Re: (ET) ugh - bent / broke flange of blade hub

                           I had used a depth gauge to determine the length of bolt needed to bottom in the bore, yet have the head well above the end of the shaft.The thread length was sufficient so that threads were still visible after bottoming occurred.

             After using a properly sized tool, the issue had not surface on subsequent repairs.

              Maybe there was something wrong with my approach the first few times. :)

RJ Kanary

ASE® Certified Master Auto Technician, (Retired).