Re: (ET) ET Headlights

I've thought that if I could find a headlight meant for a 36v E-bike, that
might work.  But so far, I haven't looked all that hard for one.  The ET's
incandescent headlights work just fine for me.

I've seen el-cheapo LED headlights (really auto fog lights) advertised on
Ebay, usually shipped directly from China, that claim they work on
anything
between 12 and as much as 90 volts.  I haven't tried them for a few
reasons:

1. I haven't exactly had spectacular results from the few "direct from
China" gadgets that (against my own better judgment) I've tried.

2. I strongly doubt that they'd give enough light.  I have yet to see one
of
these low end lights that specifies lumen output, usually it's just
wattage.
Other LED retrofits I've tried that did have lumen specifications haven't
met those specs, which already are almost always less than the
incandescents
they replace.

3. Most appear to be single-wire-plus-ground lights, not really suitable
for
ET use where the battery isn't grounded

There are more expensive ones that look more promising, but I can't
justify
the cost.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA