Re: (ET) I picked the wrong storm to leave the snow blower in the shed!

i felt too that there should be better way so i mocked up the original design with spares a couple winters ago in my basement shop (read as "warm"). My analysis is that the rod (and spring) put an eccentric force onto the angle which then "digs into" the plate body ever so slightly. I also noticed among my spare parts that slide plates were made with two different length stems.  Using the longer stem gave me enough length to slip a snug fitting tube over it which I welded to the end of the rod, and eliminated the angle piece. Now when the rod pushes it pushes evenly on the stem, ( via the tube) not eccentrically onto the angle; and after two years, no problem.
I also solved the problem with another working design that eliminates the spring around the rod with a spring that pulls on the vertical leg of the angle and keeps it from "digging in".
I can post pix (worth a thousand words!) on line but they are at home and we are not for several more weeks.
This is a long post but a subject i'm passionate about!

Christopher Zach <cz alembic crystel com> wrote:
On 1/23/2016 10:16 PM, jlantonucci comcast net wrote:
> I've found some of the internal parts hanging up inside the foot pedal
> assembly on some E-20s.

What are the proper internal parts? Mine seems to have:

A rod going from the pedal to a L shaped bracket
A spring along the rod

The L bracket hooks to the slider that controls the switches inside the
second box. The problem is the L bracket floats and rubs against the
inside slide. I put two washers in to keep it parallel, but it's not
perfect. There should be a better way.