(ET) I picked the wrong storm to leave the snow blower in the shed!

9 out of 10 snow storms the plow works best but this is not one of those storms. 2 ft and still coming.  My poor EGT-150 lift motor has had it!  Does anyone have a new idea lift motor?

T-Mobile. America's First Nationwide 4G Network.

------ Original message------

From: Christopher Zach

Date: Sat, Jan 23, 2016 6:10 PM

To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu;

Subject:Re: (ET) Man this is a good snow....

On 1/23/2016 1:40 PM, stevesgroups verizon net wrote:> I wanted to go out  again after another 9" or so but the snow started> coming down really fast, so it was about 15" deep when I tried again.> Got almost down to the bottom of the drive but it was really slow going.> I got worried about battery power and tried to run back up the hill in> the same track, which was filling in fast. Ended up ditching the blower> to try to get the ET up and charged. Almost made it, but the path I had> blown on the way down had about 12" of new snow already.  It is coming> down really fast, and there is more to come! I'm sure we will top 30".It is pretty crazy here as well, got about 6 inches of new snow between charges here. It's over the height of the intake chute at this point (20 inches) and the new snow is just packing down the old making it like lead. So for the moment I'm down to just working on what I did this morning as opposed to new rows. It's ok, that's why I went out this morning when it was only 15 or so inches to blow the first tracks.Had a bad moment though, on the top of the hill I lifted the blower, then didn't check to make sure it stopped lifting. Switch stuck, came down the hill, then found the blower was not going down. Cursed, checked the fuse, was hot and blown. Thank the universe when I upgraded to 36 volts I derated the fuse to a 10 amp one instead of a 30. Trudged to shed, got new 10 amp fuse, lowered the lift, will check it out tomorrow.>> But all in all - the conversion works well and the ET continues to amaze> me. I must have been out over 2 hours with the needle well into the red> most of the time.Yep, it's a pretty amazing little tractor. When I wrapped it up for the evening I patted the hood and said "that will do little pig, that will do..."http://i.imgur.com/XXyNFDJ.jpg
View post on imgur.com