Re: (ET) E16 drive issues.

> How do I check the field for field current? And at what conditions
> should there be some?

You can start troubleshooting at the motor and work your way back. The two small wires are the field, wire #28 (orange) and wire #11 (black). If working properly, will measure approx 36 volts across these two wires as soon as the throttle lever is moved to a low speed. At higher speeds, the voltage will drop some. If zero volts then need to look at the diodes and other items as RJ listed. The diodes are on a board about 1-1/2" square near the small relays (picture here http://electrictractorstore.com/images/diode_varistor_516969.jpg )

> If it's an E20 type system it is a lot simpler: Card 4 has a bad
> diode. Either replace or get a new card 4 from one of the vendors.

The E16 has the late model type controls with the 6-terminal contactors. It is essentially the same as the last 15's produced (E15HA and later). There is no card 4 in an E16; the controls are nothing like the early E20's.

RJ Kanary <rjkanary consolidated net> wrote:
I would inspect/verify the Field circuit. The diodes, the FW Relay N/C
contacts and