Re: (ET) E16 drive issues.

Hi,
Thanx for the help.

Here is some more info. I did the motor testing with the motor just on the
ground. So there was NO resistance from belts or the transmission. Could
that cause the runaway? But like I said it worked fine in reverse. In
reverse the torque made the motor jump as it got up to speed almost
immediately. In forward, the motor started at just a few RPM for the first
few seconds but then started revving up to runaway after about 5 more
seconds.

Also, I only know the BASICS of electricity. How do I check the field for
field current? And at what conditions should there be some?

Dean

On Sep 22, 2014, at 6:04 PM, RJ Kanary <rjkanary consolidated net> wrote:

>                  I would inspect/verify the Field circuit. The diodes,
> the FW Relay N/C contacts and the wiring.  Lotsa current and no GO is a
> hallmark of weak or missing field current.
>
> RJ

Verify you have field in forward. The old motor may have enough friction
to prevent runaway. Should be a quick thing to check and possibly rule out.