Re: (ET) Fuses made of silver?

I'll second that replacing fuses or breakers is much less expensive than replacing motors. I have some of the 40 amp fuses if desired (nos, $8 ea).

Comparisons to the large frame models don't really apply, as the R36 uses two 18" blades, like the E8 and E10 models, rather than the three 14" blades used in the bigger decks. ie smaller decks have bigger motors.

In turn, for a breaker substitution I'd consider the 30 amp Klixon's as used on the E8/10 decks ($18 nos). GE had the breakers mounted on the top/sides on the motor case so as the motor heated up that would tend to hasten the tripping of the breaker. Temperature is the third factor when looking at time/current curves.

However, if the fuses are blowing on a regular bases may want to see if there is an underlying cause. Could just be the grass is thick/long but could also be that the bearings are drying out or brushes are stuck etc.