Re: (ET) Mower deck crisis!

Years ago I costed out a mower deck for a major mower manufacturer. And today they are still fabricating them from steel. So there's your cost answer. If you want a smooth curvy deck that's a different matter. Today, Kevlar with vinyl ester resin will beat epoxy in impact resistance.  Use woven E glass for structure. Add coremat fabric to the middle of the laminate stack to add thickness and reduce weight.  But Chris points out the big problem. A crash becomes catastrophic as there is little flex...

I like the battery box idea. I built several for city buses years ago. Bulletproof construction for very heavy batteries. It's the top edge that requires special treatment to avoid cracking.  You have to have a bit of a return on it or add linear roving around it. What would this be worth to people?  In primer grey for painting the color of your choice of course.

Should the rear fenders be molded as part of the battery box?  Or is impact a concern there as well?

Sent from my iPad