Re: (ET) battery terminal question

Sounds like a classic case of corrosion occurring between the post and the
clamp. I had an old vehicle/battery with this problem.  The goal is to
prevent any moisture getting into the pockmarks as this will propagate
oxide to creep in between the post and clamp, no matter how tight the
clamp is.  I filled mine using a scrap battery post and a big ...
Soldering iron.  Not a real good idea for lots of reasons. If I was faced
with same problem again I would fill it all up with copper grease and
after tightening clamp seal top and bottom with LPS HD, WD, or grease.  In
order of preference.

You want to eliminate as many dielectric corrosion potential issues as
possible. So try to avoid adding steel or aluminum into the mix;)

Sent from my iPad