Re: (ET) battery terminal question

I had this problem months ago--and have had another battery in the truck
since--so went out to refresh my memory of the old battery's post.  It's
not as pock-marked as I remembered it, more cut/scarred up.  Someone
treated it very poorly in its earlier days.

I don't think the problem is corrosion or oxide, for 2 reasons:  I had
tried cleaning it well, then liberally applying Copper Ease before the
cable clamp. I thought it might have helped for a while, but it wasn't too
long before the problem came back, IIRC.  Second, there were times I
cleaned post and clamp well, put it together, and immediately had no--or
inadequate--conduction.

It all seemed so weird I even hypothesized some sort of post connection
problem inside the battery, though the post feels very solid.

Appreciate the ideas.

Thon