Re: (ET) Cub Cadet RZT-S Zero Electric Lawnmower

I converted my Electric Ox to use 4x12V 135Ah AGMs from Universal
Battery.  Why?  I hate acid mist.  It corrodes everything.

Much as I love Deka gels, I felt they wouldn't do in this application
because of the snowblower, which has an unregulated motor, so there is a
huge current every time you switch it on.  I didn't think gels would
survive very long.  David, do you have a snowblower on your E15?

After 5 years, my range has decreased significantly, but I can still mow
my whole lawn (3/4 acre or so) on a charge.

For the Cub Cadet, I think sealed batteries are a reasonable choice,
although for mowing it seems like gel would have been better, as David
said.  That's all providing that they chose high-quality batteries and
used a proper charger.  If not, they won't last, and the Cub Cadet will
end up with a lot of angry customers and a bad reputation.

Robert, if you go with Full River, please post a report on how they do.
I thought about Full River for mine, but I couldn't find anyone at the
time who knew whether this was a trustworthy battery or not, so I went
with Universal even at higher expense.

                                        Ken