Re: (ET) Cub Cadet RZT-S Zero Electric Lawnmower

On 7 Jan 2014 at 17:37, Jeff Antonucci wrote:

> With the Golf cart battery solution staring them in the face they must
> have a compelling reason not to use them.  Cost?  Maintenance?

Not cost, that's for sure, but lack of maintenance makes sense.  How often
do you water the battery in your mobile phone or laptop?  I'd guess that
they think (or maybe even know from surveys) that users expect the same
plug-
and-forget behavior in this mower.

Besides, how many owners do the required maintenance on their ICE mowers?
Do you really think they'd want to check batteries?

I just hope the charger supplied takes good care of those pricey
batteries.
Outdoor power equipment manufacturers don't have a very good record in
that
area.  No, scratch that.  Indoor or outdoor, almost _every_ rechargeable
gadget's charger murders its battery.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA