Re: (ET) Midwest Fall Meet

On 9/29/2013 2:51 PM, Reo43 aol com wrote:
I returned from my first-ever Electrak swap meet yesterday. I didn't
sell all the stuff I brought, and I didn't find what I was looking for
(chain saw) but got some good leads from someone who will sell one, and
I bought something I didn't really need. That sounds like a typical swap
meet, doesn't it?

Yes, this does happen. I was just using my chainsaw in the back; it was not cutting well; I think it's time to replace the chain. So instead I used my inverter and the 1.0hp 14 inch Craftsman. Worked pretty well; it didn't pop the breaker and I kept the load light. However I didn't charge my E20+extra pack before leaving and ran the battery dead in the woods. Which means I had to tow it back with the gas tractor.

Moral: I need to hook up the front bank of 30 cells as well as an "emergency pack" to get me home.

All in all, I really enjoyed it, and enioyed meeting other guys with an
interest in Electraks. I made a trade for a front mounting bracket, and
will finally be able to mount my snow blower on my New Idea tractor. And
I got some good information about putting a Curtis controller on my
tractor, and I learned that my New Idea lift motor is 18 volt, not 36 volt.
I want to thank Chad and Karen Bush, and his parents Chuck and Debbie
Sweet, for putting this on for us, and for the great lunch they prepared.
I am looking forward to next years swap meet.

Very nice, sorry I couldn't make it.

By the way, I've been running my lift motor (Bill Gun class stock motor) on 36 volts and have not had a problem. Goes up and down quickly, doesn't cog or stall even with the blower, happy.

Chris