Re: (ET) battery cables

One road EV converter I know of - can't think of the name right now, but
they converted Ford Escorts - used to lead-weld the battery interconnects
onto the terminals.  The connections were solid, that's for sure, but it
made battery replacement a wee bit challenging.

On the ET, the currents involved are far more reasonable, and certainly
don't require such drastic measures.  Welding or marine cable from a
trustworthy supplier in the #1 or #2 range, a good quality copper lug, and
hammer crimper will do fine.  Bellville washers are gorgeous if you can
find
them easily, but I've used a combination of flat and split washers with no
problem.

If you want pre-made cables, you might check truck repair and supply
shops.
Watch out for low-qualty lugs and undersized wire in cheap discount-store
imported cables, though.

You'll find the same Chinese junk wire sold as welding cable on Ebay, at
low
prices.  Some of it has undersized conductors - often a size or two under
the advertised gauge - and thick, flammable plastic insulation to make up
the size difference.  Caveat emptor.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA