Re: (ET) Mower Musings

Under the mower deck is a tough place. Moisture from the grass, sandblasting by the small dirt particles, and occasional bigger pieces... Anyone tried POR 15?

I think the best preservative might be a garage. My ET has lived in a dry garage it's whole life. I've never done a thing to the deck. It's still solid and original. I doubt the paint underneath is complete though. I haven't scraped the grass off of it in so long I don't remember if I ever did. Actually, I'd think that the layer of grass clippings helps limit the sandblasting effects. At the rate it's going, it will probably outlast me.

I had to replace a motor recently, because I hit a big immovable object and bent a shaft. I decided to replace all the motor mounting hardware with stainless socket head cap screws with the nuts on top. Much easier and faster to deal with than the old hex head bolts.

--
David Tief.  N1WWY  Zumba®  Instructor
Web page at: http://home.comcast.net/~davidtief/index.html