From: Chad Bush [mailto:bushman165s aol com]
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 10:21 AM
To: Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Trouble with my C-185

Dennis,

Sounds like you need to get yourself an HSM. Has everything you need to know in it, and then some. I believe it is available for download at either Elec-Trak site and Geo's My Elec-Traks site. Or, I have 3 or 4 spares I could sell you.

From left to right (if sitting on the seat) on the relays : RTN, 2AH, RTN R, CC

3 Contactors L - R : Forward, PTO, Reverse

Plastic Solenoids : 1A, 2A

RJ is right, the loss of upper speeds indicates the 2AH circuit has failed. Although, the loss of forward altogether indicates the RTN circuit may have a problem. I would start by checking the F/R switch, then the RTN relay. Each one you can check with a meter after disconnecting the wires. The RTN relay you can check the NC contacts and then physically push down on the fingers to check the NO contacts.

Was the CC light coming on when you reach the 2nd speed?

Hope that helps.

Chad Bush