Re: (ET) Looking for sickle bar mower

On 1/16/2013 2:34 PM, Brian E. Haines wrote:

Condition: Good.  Fully functional, a bit of rust, nearly perfect
teeth.(Pictures below)  It does cut well.
I'm near Clifton Park, NY, North West of Albany.
$600

That sounds reasonable. I'd grab it except I really want a front end loader. :-)

But it is interesting to see how it mounts, looks like a stab mount. Those things must be stronger than I think; then again I put 200 pounds or so of weight on them with the 30ah NiCD box+4 25 pound lead batteries, so they're not weak. I guess the question is how do they hold up with the weight of the sickle bar bouncing around when it's down?

I think though that the thing which would be useful is a front end loader. Partially because it could be handy to have around the yard, partially because it wouldn't break my E15 in half (as the weight is carried on the front/center and my E15's problems are in the rear)