Re: (ET) Looking for sickle bar mower

On 1/16/2013 8:48 AM, Brian E. Haines wrote:
I have one for sale, but it didn't meet the criteria.  I'm in NY, and
it's not cheap. :)

Hm. Is it snowblower priced, tiller priced, chainsaw priced, or little hand tiller priced? :-)

The motor on the sickle bar is only an E8 or E10 motor.  Mine was
damaged when I got it and swapped it out for an E10 motor.  An E12 motor
will add a LOT of weight far behind the rear axle.  It will make it much
harder to steer.  If you did use it, I would suggest having a weight box
on the front

Oh, that's not too much power then. I don't need a sickle mower, when I have a lot of brush I just fire up the Craftsman and drive it in the thick of it, in my continuing quest to destroy that tractor. It did catch fire briefly in the fall when the mountain of leaves I was mulching ignited, but I drove it off the pile rather than let it explode.

Ah well. Opportunity missed :-)