Re: (ET) I-2 with wheel horse parts

I may have missed the first part of this, but how do you know it is an I-2
to begin with? Hood decals (hoods can be easily swapped)? Or a serial
number tag? If the latter, what is the model serial number? I also have an
I-2 (by serial number) with an odd collection of parts. It seems like 3 of
4 possible I-2's have some oddity's so it would be interesting to see how
their production dates compare.

Grafting in the WH controls would as noted be a major undertaking, not the
quick swap of an identical part that I'd expect the cheap/pragmatic
homeowner to do... a mystery indeed.