(ET) I-2 with wheel horse parts

So an I-2 has landed in my barn. She needs a bit of work, and i am proceeding cautiously.

There are a few things on it that has me scratching my head. There appears to be a few wheel horse red parts installed. The steering gear and tie rods are WH red along with the firewall. For anyone with a wheel horse ET is your firewall red?

I do know that the prototypes were built, then sent back to GE for an electronics upgrade. I would assume that GE would not put in a red firewall. This leads me to two possible conclusions. First is that a previous owner grafted in some wheel horse parts to keep her running. Or that the tractor was sent for repair for some reason after GE had sold the line to WH. Did WH take over any existing warranty claims when they purchased the line?