Re: (ET) how does the late model I5 speed control work?

On 9/4/2012 11:39 PM, David Roden wrote:
As I understand it, this behavior is by design, to keep the tractor from
accelerating too fast.  The motor has a fair bit of breakaway torque
available, and with a weight such as the tiller on the back, it's entirely
possible for your ET to flip over backward under excessive acceleration.

With the tiller on the back the tractor's front end will rear up, but the tiller will then strike the ground and that will be that. It's not going to flip end-over-end.

Then again my tractor is light in the front due to the BB600's. But I usually put about 100 pounds of weight in the front box when using the tiller.

Chris