From: Christopher Zach <cz alembic crystel com>
To: Biophiliac <keljefs sbcglobal net>
Cc: et <Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Mon, Aug 20, 2012 9:36 pm
Subject: Re: (ET) Speed / power drain / reverse problems C185

On 8/20/2012 10:56 AM, Biophiliac wrote:
Chris,
Thanks for your response. There appears to be two cards, a diode
assembly and
diode varistor assembly and a field resistor. The diodes all visibly look ok, although when I replaced the varistor which was originally broken / blown.

If these are the cards, can I easily test them for integrity? Or
should I just
replace one or both ? Do you know which one is likely causing my speed control
problem?

Sure. Just test the diodes with a diode tester or meter. The four on the
bottom right of the board are normally what fail, most of the rest of
the board is for the field weakening control.

If the motor has no field, this could be the cause.

Chris

Jef